Before we begin, please note our mushroom disclaimer from a previous post:
Here is the mandatory disclaimer: Everything I have read on mushrooms or describing mushrooms has to tell you that if you cannot tell with 100% certainty if a mushroom is edible or not – do not eat it. I am saying this as well. Don’t eat it if you don’t know. Really. I had to talk my father down on the phone a couple of days ago when he called me to say that he had picked some field mushrooms whilst playing golf. Most likely he had picked yellow stainer mushrooms which would make him vomit and shit water for a week, but it could easily have been a death cap. They are one of the most poisonous mushrooms in the world and are very common in Victoria. The whole reason we signed up to go on a guided tour is to have an expert there to show us what to look for.
"It's fika time!"
|Pear, hazelnut and orange cake|
|Bread and butter pudding|
Shop 1, 372 Mt Dandenong Tourist Rd, Sassafras, Victoria, Australia (03) 9755 1100
Open 7 days, 8:30am - 5pm